Registering a boat is a necessary requirement for operating it legally within a state. Each state has different specifications on what types of boats, watercraft, and vessels need to be registered. Make sure to check with your individual state on registration requirements.
- Letters & Numbers must be read from left to right.
- Characters must be at least Three (3) inches in height
- Characters must be of contrasting color to color of boat
Note: if the background is multicolored or patterned, a block out area of a single color may be required to facilitate readability.
- Characters must be separated by the width of one letter or number - not including the number one (1) or capital letter (I).
Note: Use either a blank space or a hyphen. Validation sticker must be visible and placed within six inches of the registration numbers. Placement either in front of or behind the numbers is determined by state regulation.
- The Registration Numbers, Letters and Sticker must be permanently attached and on the forward half of the vessel
Check out our website for ready to apply boat registration numbers, as well as boat names and ports.